Since being admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1994 (and later the High Court of Australia) Elizabeth has dedicated her legal career to business and franchise law. She says that not only does she find the work challenging and rewarding but she loves the people she deals with from day to day.
Her clients can be entrepreneurial types expanding into new ventures, first time business owners, business people requiring assistance with specific challenges or a myriad of business and franchise related legal scenarios.
Elizabeth sits on a number of committees including:
- the Queensland Law Society Franchising Committee;
- the Women in Franchising committee; and
- is a previous QLD chapter committee member for the Franchise Council of Australia.
Elizabeth is also a member of the Franchise Council of Australia and:
- Lectures to the PLT students at Bond University about Franchising Law; and
- Regularly presents to other lawyers in relation to the Australian Consumer Law, franchising and business issues including presenting at the Far North Queensland Legal Symposium in Cairns in 2010 and then Townsville the following year.
She has also acted in the set up of a number of new franchise systems ranging from photography through to retail clothing and children's sports. Her experience has led her to provide advice in taking Australian franchise systems overseas to New Zealand.
She is dedicated and driven to be available for her clients and to provide commercially sound legal advice with real solutions.
Elizabeth can be contacted directly on this email address: email us here