I jointly presented at the Franchise and Business Expo with Sarah Stowe, Editor of Inside Franchise Business today.
We explained the following to prospective franchisees:
1. What they should be doing in the 14 day disclosure period. This covered:
2.what does it mean if a franchisor guarantees you a certain income?
3. franchising doesn't guarantee success
4. the franchisor will not necessarily do all of the marketing or find all of the clients
5. the franchisee will be restrained from what decisions the franchisee can make about the business
6. the franchisee cannot stop payments if their business goes bad
7. can the franchisee continue to operate a business after the franchise comes to an end?
If you are considering becoming a franchisee, make sure you do your homework and take your time.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation
Brisbane Office Address: Clarence Chambers,
Level 10, 95 North Quay,
Brisbane QLD 4000
Phone:(07) 3180 0150
Central Post Office Box Address: P.O. Box 428
Oxenford, QLD 4217